now just £95
During your 4 weekly online Zoom classes, you will learn how to:
Undertake the entire process of video production, from storyboard to screen
Shoot high quality video footage using any camera
Use editing software to create striking video sequences
Use tips and tricks from a video production expert
This introductory course will allow you to explore the concepts, tools and techniques used in video production. You will be personally guided through your learning journey by an expert filmmaker who will assist you in achieving your filmmaking goals. This course is aimed at complete beginners but will also benefit those with some filmmaking experience as you learn professional techniques for shooting video and editing techniques using Premiere Pro. Please click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form at the bottom of this screen to check course dates and times (UK time shown, check here to see the time difference in your zone).
Session 1 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to the principles of filmmaking
- Learn the language of film (shot sizes, camera angles, camera movement, framing and composition etc.)
- Learn how to storyboard
Session 2 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to the principles of cinematography (the art of the moving image)
- Learn the principles of exposure (aperture, shutter speed and ISO)
- Understand the pre-production logistics of filmmaking
Session 3 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to editing using OpenShot Video Editor (free editing software), utilising footage shot as homework
Session 4 - (2 hours)
- Further exploration of editing principles, including basic colour correction and audio production
Classroom videos recorded and uploaded to your Google Classroom to reinforce learning
Plenty of slideshows, handouts and other resources that are yours to keep
A selection of learner videos created under the guidance of an expert tutor.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"I've completed courses in Film Production, Sound for Film, and Audio Production with Spotlight Multimedia. These are excellent short courses taught in a friendly and fun environment. Superb instructors, excellent industry standard resources and training that meets the needs of novices as well as professionals. I cannot recommend highly enough!"
how to enrol
1. Click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form below and book your space on the course dates of your choice
2. If you enrolled with a Gmail address, then you'll receive a link to your Google Classroom within 48 hours. (Google Classroom is where the links to your live classes can be found, where you can chat with your tutor and fellow learners and where you'll find lesson videos and further resources. If you do not have a Gmail account, please create one and send it to us ASAP, along with your full name and title of course booked).
3. Attend weekly live Zoom classes with your expert teacher and fellow learners (four in total)
4. Receive your Spotlight Multimedia e-certificate upon completion of the course
You must be aged 18 or over to undertake this course
You must have a Gmail account to be able to access your Google Classroom. If you do not, please create one and use this when booking
Please see FAQ for full terms and conditions