now just £95
During your 4 weekly online Zoom classes, you will learn how to:
Use Adobe After Effects to create 3D and 2D animations
Design and rig simple characters
Use 3D layers
Use tips and tricks from an animation expert
This introductory course will allow you to explore the concepts, tools and techniques used in animation in order to create animated sequences of your very own. You will be personally guided through your learning journey by an animation expert who will assist you in achieving your goals. This course is aimed at complete beginners but will also benefit those with some animation experience as you learn the correct way of using animation software. Please click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form at the bottom of this screen to check course dates and times (UK time shown, check here to see the time difference in your zone).
Session 1 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to animation principles, terms and definitions.
- 2D Animation
- Introducing Adobe After Effects interface and layout, creating compositions.
- Creating shape and text layers, setting anchor points, animating using scale, position and rotation, creating key frames, using trim paths and animating along a path.
Session 2 - (2 hours)
- 2D Character animation
- Designing and rigging a simple character in Adobe After Effects
- Parenting using pick whip for simple rigging
- Using Duik plugin and puppet tools for more advanced rigging
Session 3 - (2 hours)
- Motion graphics and After Effects for video production.
- Using mattes and masks, stabilising footage, motion tracking, camera tracking, using null objects and exploring 3D layers.
Session 4 - (2 hours)
- Further exploration of tools and techniques within Blender
- Finalising and exporting an animation sequence of your choice whilst guided by your expert tutor
Classroom videos recorded and uploaded to your Google Classroom to reinforce learning
Plenty of slideshows, handouts and other resources that are yours to keep
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Both tutors were not just knowledgeable in their fields but also very helpful. Definitely a great investment of my time."
how to enrol
1. Click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form below and book your space on the course dates of your choice
2. If you enrolled with a Gmail address, then you'll receive a link to your Google Classroom within 48 hours. (Google Classroom is where the links to your live classes can be found, where you can chat with your tutor and fellow learners and where you'll find lesson videos and further resources. If you do not have a Gmail account, please create one and send it to us ASAP, along with your full name and title of course booked).
3. Attend weekly live Zoom classes with your expert teacher and fellow learners (four in total)
4. Receive your Spotlight Multimedia e-certificate upon completion of the course
Please note that you must have an up-to-date version of Adobe After Effects installed to be able to undertake this course
You must be aged 18 or over to undertake this course
You must have a Gmail account to be able to access your Google Classroom. If you do not, please create one and use this when booking
Please see FAQ for full terms and conditions