This course is funded by the ESFA and only available for those eligible. Please click here to check eligibility before continuing.
BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Creative Media Production
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Media (Film and TV)
During your 4 weekly online Zoom classes, you will learn how to:
Undertake the entire process of video production, from storyboard to screen
Shoot high quality video footage using any camera
Use editing software to create striking video sequences
Use tips and tricks from a video production expert
This introductory course will allow you to explore the concepts, tools and techniques used in video production. You will be personally guided through your learning journey by an expert filmmaker who will assist you in achieving your filmmaking goals. This course is aimed at complete beginners but will also benefit those with some filmmaking experience as you learn professional techniques for shooting video and editing techniques using Premiere Pro. Please click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form at the bottom of this screen to check course dates and times (UK time shown, check here to see the time difference in your zone).
Session 1 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to the principles of filmmaking
- Learn the language of film (shot sizes, camera angles, camera movement, framing and composition etc.)
- Learn how to storyboard
Session 2 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to the principles of cinematography (the art of the moving image)
- Learn the principles of exposure (aperture, shutter speed and ISO)
- Understand the pre-production logistics of filmmaking
Session 3 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to editing using Premiere Pro, utilising footage shot as homework
Session 4 - (2 hours)
- Further exploration of editing principles, including basic colour correction and audio production
Free Adobe license issued to each learner for course duration
Classroom videos recorded and uploaded to your Google Classroom to reinforce learning
Plenty of slideshows, handouts and other resources that are yours to keep
A selection of learner videos created under the guidance of an expert tutor.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"I've completed courses in Film Production, Sound for Film, and Audio Production with Spotlight Multimedia. These are excellent short courses taught in a friendly and fun environment. Superb instructors, excellent industry standard resources and training that meets the needs of novices as well as professionals. I cannot recommend highly enough!"
how to enrol
1. Book your space on the course of your choice below
2. If you have entered a Gmail account when enrolling, then a link to your Google Classroom will be emailed to you shortly. If you do not have a Gmail account, then please create one and email this to ASAP.
3. Send us proof of eligibility confirming your age and address - see here for more information
4. Log into the Google Classroom and prepare yourself for study by completing the pre-course activities (this will all be clearly explained in the online classroom)
5. Attend weekly live Zoom classes with your expert teacher and fellow learners (4 in total)
6. Complete and upload assignments to your drive in Google Classrooms. These are marked by our assessment team who will notify you if you have passed or not. If you have not passed, you will be given feedback on what needs to be adapted so that you can re-submit
7. Once your pass has been confirmed, a digital copy of your certificate will be emailed to you for free upon request (we can mail physical certificates to any UK address for £20 per batch upon request)
• An Adobe license will be issued to you three days before the course start date and can be used for the duration of your course. This will allow you to download and use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for free
• Please check our FAQ to make sure that your computer is capable of running this software before enrolling
• Please be aware that these are accredited qualifications – therefore you will be required to do both homework and paperwork as part of your learning with Spotlight Multimedia. These elements are non-negotiable and must be completed if you wish to participate in our free courses
LEVEL 1 AND 2
Level 2 courses are a continuation of level 1 learning, in which advanced tools and techniques are covered. You must have completed the level 1 course before enrolling onto the level 2.