with an expert
*MUSIC PRODUCTION COURSES ARE CURRENTLY NOT RUNNING*
*PLEASE COMPLETE THE YELLOW FORM BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST*
NCFE LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN
In your pre-recorded classes, you will learn how to:
Use Logic Pro X to produce music of any genre
Record vocals and instruments at home
Use effects processing to improve the quality of your productions
Mix and master your music professionally
This advanced course will allow you to explore the concepts, tools and techniques used in music production in order to create a song of your very own. You will be personally guided through your learning journey by an expert music producer who will assist you in achieving your musical goals. This course is aimed at learners with previous music production experience who wish to advance their studies in order to progress onto higher education and/or a career in music. Please click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form at the bottom of this screen to check course dates and times. Whilst the course comprises of 4 formal sessions, you are given an extended period of time to work carefully and considerately on constructing your music and answering your worksheets to the best of your ability, under guided supervision and with recourse to a huge amount of Spotlight Multimedia’s learning resources (videos, instructional worksheets, forum dialogues etc.) which can be accessed throughout the entire 21/22 academic year. By completing this course, you will earn a Level 1 qualification from NCFE or BTEC, this will be discussed with you further during induction.
Session 1 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to synthesisers
- How to use drum machines
- How to use a sampler
- How to program drummer tracks
Session 2 - (2 hours)
- A further exploration of microphone types and uses
- Recording audio at home (types of microphone, microphone placement, acoustic treatment etc.)
Session 3 - (2 hours)
- Using effects processors
- Adding automation to tracks
- Using effects chains
- Using sends/returns
Session 4 - (2 hours)
- Mixing theory
- Using compressors and limiters
- How to mix a track
Classroom videos recorded and uploaded to your Google Classroom to reinforce learning
Plenty of slideshows, handouts and other resources that are yours to keep
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"Spotlight courses are always great (I've participated in L1 Film and L1 Music Production). The level 2 music production took my music to another level. Brad is a very well-informed tutor. The recording of audio and mixing were particularly useful"
how to enrol
1. Book your space on the course of your choice below
2. If you have entered a Gmail account when enrolling, then a link to your Google Classroom will be emailed to you shortly. If you do not have a Gmail account, then please create one and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
3. Send us proof of eligibility confirming your age and address - see here for more information
4. Log into the Google Classroom and prepare yourself for study by completing the pre-course activities (this will all be clearly explained in the online classroom)
5. Work your way through the tutorial videos and complete the relevant worksheets and practical activities each week (4 in total)
6. Complete and upload assignments to your drive in Google Classrooms. These are marked by our assessment team who will notify you if you have passed or not. If you have not passed, you will be given feedback on what needs to be adapted so that you can re-submit
7. Once your pass has been confirmed, a digital copy of your certificate will be emailed to you for free upon request (we can mail physical certificates to any UK address for £20 per batch upon request)
• You will need to have a copy of Logic Pro X on a Mac computer to undertake this course. Apple offer a 30-day free trial for Logic Pro X which you can use whilst studying
• Please be aware that these are accredited qualifications – therefore you will be required to do both homework and paperwork as part of your learning with Spotlight Multimedia. These elements are non-negotiable and must be completed if you wish to participate in our free courses
LEVEL 1 AND 2
Level 2 courses are a continuation of level 1 learning, in which advanced tools and techniques are covered. You must have completed the level 1 course before enrolling onto the level 2.
WHAT If i'm not eligible?
If you aren't eligible for free training with us, you can still undertake this course for just £395. Please go to www.spotlightmultimedia.co.uk/payment to make payment and book your place.
Complete this form ONLY if you are eligible for free courses (evidence of eligibility is required before starting).