with an expert
During your weekly online Zoom classes, you will learn how to:
Use Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
Create vector shapes and typeface
Create branding (logos, social banners, business cards, flyers, posters etc.)
Create icons, illustrations and digital art
Use tips and tricks from a design expert
By completing this course, you will earn an NCFE Level 1 Award in Graphic Design
Free Adobe license issued to each learner for course duration
This introductory course will allow you to explore the concepts, tools and techniques used in graphic design in order to create a graphic product of your very own. You will be personally guided through your learning journey by a graphic design expert who will assist you in achieving your design goals. This course is aimed at complete beginners but will also benefit those with some design experience as you learn the correct way of creating designs using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Please click on 'Select course dates' on the form at the bottom of this screen to check course dates and times. Whilst the course comprises of 4 formal sessions, you are given an extended period of time to work carefully and considerately on constructing your designs and answering your worksheets to the best of your ability, under guided supervision and with recourse to a huge amount of Spotlight Multimedia’s learning resources (videos, instructional worksheets, forum dialogues etc.) which can be accessed throughout the entire 21/22 academic year. By completing this course, you will earn an NCFE Level 1 Award in Graphic Design
Session 1 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to graphic design principles, terms and definitions
- What graphic design products are and their key features (logo, social banners, adverts, flyers, posters etc.)
- What branding is
- Using essential tools and techniques within Illustrator to create a logo
Session 2 - (2 hours)
- What a design brief is and how to write one
- Looking at design styles of the past and present
- Using essential tools and techniques within Photoshop to create a social media advert and animated GIF
Session 3 - (2 hours)
- An exploration of templates and tools to assist in your designs
- Learning to adapt stock images, vector graphics and templates to work smarter
- Creating your own design product in response to your design brief under the supervision of your expert
Session 4 - (2 hours)
- A further exploration of tools and techniques within Photoshop and Illustrator
- Receiving 1:1 feedback and advice on your designs
- Finalising and publishing your completed design product under the supervision of your expert
Free Adobe license issued to each learner for course duration
Classroom videos recorded and uploaded to your Google Classroom to reinforce learning
Plenty of slideshows, handouts and other resources that are yours to keep
how it works
1. Check if you are eligible for free training.
2. Complete the yellow form below, selecting which course dates you would like to attend
3. You will be sent a booking confirmation email with a link to enrolment. Follow this link and complete all enrolment forms. This includes an initial assessment form that will help your tutor to understand your current skill level to help plan.
4. You will be emailed an enrolment confirmation with a link to your Google Classroom (what is Google Classroom?). Your Google Classroom will contain all information relevant to your course - including links to live Zoom sessions, qualification worksheets and messages from your tutor
5. Sessions take place online via Zoom one evening per week from 6pm - 8pm. Live sessions contain a mixture of practical and theoretical activities and are delivered by your expert tutor who will support you in your learning journey
6. You will be assigned homework tasks each week (worksheets and practical tasks) which should take between 1-2 hours to complete per week (completion of coursework is mandatory as a condition of undertaking our free courses - those not completing coursework without notifying their tutor will be removed)
7. Your tutor will mark your work on a weekly basis and help you to submit all work to the highest grade possible.
• An Adobe license will be issued to you three days before the course start date and can be used for the duration of your course. This will allow you to download and use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for free
• Please check our FAQ to make sure that your computer is capable of running this software before enrolling
• Please be aware that these are accredited qualifications – therefore you will be required to do both homework and paperwork as part of your learning with Spotlight Multimedia. These elements are non-negotiable and must be completed if you wish to participate in our free courses
You will receive a £50 completion bonus when you successfully pass this course by completing all work assigned to you by your tutor. Completion bonuses are paid as a voucher (Amazon, Apple, Tesco or any other if it is approved by our team) directly to your email address. Please see terms and conditions.
LEVEL 1 AND 2
Level 2 courses are a continuation of level 1 learning, in which advanced tools and techniques are covered. You must have completed the level 1 course before enrolling onto the level 2.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"I very much enjoyed the Graphic Design course. Chrissie is a great teacher and the content was really useful for taking basic design skills to the next level. Each lesson had a good mix of learning new practical skills and personal project development, and despite being hesitant about 'zoom' lessons they worked really well with following 'screen sharing' presentations etc. I would definitely recommend!"
You can only undertake one programme (both Level 1 and Level 2) for free. I.e. you must choose between Graphic Design, Web Design or Video Production as below:
Option A: Level 1 and Level 2 Video Production (both free for those eligible)
Option B: Level 1 and Level 2 Graphic Design (both free for those eligible)
Option C: Level 1 and Level 2 Web Design (both free for those eligible)
Once you have completed one of the options above, you are NO LONGER eligible to undertake the other options for free
Complete this form ONLY if you are eligible for free courses (evidence of eligibility is required before starting).
WHAT If i'm not eligible?
If you aren't eligible for free training with us, you can still undertake this course for just £295. Please go to www.spotlightmultimedia.co.uk/payment to make payment and book your place.