This course is funded by the ESFA and only available for those eligible. Please click here to check eligibility before continuing.
NCFE Level 1 Award in Graphic Design
NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Graphic Design
During your weekly online Zoom classes, you will learn how to:
Use Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
Create vector shapes and typeface
Create branding (logos, social banners, business cards, flyers, posters etc.)
Create icons, illustrations and digital art
Use tips and tricks from a design expert
Free Adobe license issued to each learner for course duration!
This introductory course will allow you to explore the concepts, tools and techniques used in graphic design in order to create a graphic product of your very own. You will be personally guided through your learning journey by a graphic design expert who will assist you in achieving your design goals. This course is aimed at complete beginners but will also benefit those with some design experience as you learn the correct way of creating designs using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Please click on 'Select course dates' on the yellow form at the bottom of this screen to check course dates and times (UK time shown, check here to see the time difference in your zone).
Session 1 - (2 hours)
- Introduction to graphic design principles, terms and definitions
- What graphic design products are and their key features (logo, social banners, adverts, flyers, posters etc.)
- Using essential tools and techniques within Illustrator to create a logo
Session 2 - (2 hours)
- What a design brief is and how to write one
- What branding is
- Using essential tools and techniques within Photoshop to create a poster
Session 3 - (2 hours)
- An exploration of tools and techniques within Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creating your own design product in response to your design brief under the supervision of your expert
Session 4 - (2 hours)
- A further exploration of tools and techniques within Photoshop and Illustrator
- Finalising and publishing your completed design product under the supervision of your expert
Free Adobe license issued to each learner for course duration
Classroom videos recorded and uploaded to your Google Classroom to reinforce learning
Plenty of slideshows, handouts and other resources that are yours to keep
A selection of logos, posters and social adverts created on our graphic design courses under the supervision of an expert tutor.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"I very much enjoyed the Graphic Design course. Chrissie is a great teacher and the content was really useful for taking basic design skills to the next level. Each lesson had a good mix of learning new practical skills and personal project development, and despite being hesitant about 'zoom' lessons they worked really well with following 'screen sharing' presentations etc. I would definitely recommend!"
how to enrol
1. Book your space on the course of your choice below
2. If you have entered a Gmail account when enrolling, then a link to your Google Classroom will be emailed to you shortly. If you do not have a Gmail account, then please create one and email this to ASAP.
3. Send us proof of eligibility confirming your age and address - see here for more information
4. Log into the Google Classroom and prepare yourself for study by completing the pre-course activities (this will all be clearly explained in the online classroom)
5. Attend weekly live Zoom classes with your expert teacher and fellow learners (4 in total for level 1, 6 in total for level 2)
6. Complete and upload assignments to your drive in Google Classrooms. These are marked by our assessment team who will notify you if you have passed or not. If you have not passed, you will be given feedback on what needs to be adapted so that you can re-submit
7. Once your pass has been confirmed, a digital copy of your certificate will be emailed to you for free upon request (we can mail physical certificates to any UK address for £20 per batch upon request)
• An Adobe license will be issued to you three days before the course start date and can be used for the duration of your course. This will allow you to download and use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for free
• Please check our FAQ to make sure that your computer is capable of running this software before enrolling
• Please be aware that these are accredited qualifications – therefore you will be required to do both homework and paperwork as part of your learning with Spotlight Multimedia. These elements are non-negotiable and must be completed if you wish to participate in our free courses
LEVEL 1 AND 2
Level 2 courses are a continuation of level 1 learning, in which advanced tools and techniques are covered. You must have completed the level 1 course before enrolling onto the level 2.